Continuing Education for Educators FAQ

Who is eligible to enroll in Continuing Education courses?

Anyone who has completed a bachelor’s degree is eligible to enroll in Continuing Education courses. Baker’s Continuing Education programs are designed for educators who seek additional graduate credit to meet state recertification requirements, increase knowledge in a particular subject area or enhance their earning power.

How does the registration process work?

Students are encouraged to register at least two weeks before a class starts because class sizes are limited. A confirmation letter is emailed following the receipt of registration. Baker University reserves the right to cancel a course because of insufficient enrollment. Students may register by calling, faxing, or mailing in the registration form.

  • Phone: 913.491.4432
  • Fax: 913.491.0470
  • Baker University
    7301 College Blvd.
    Overland Park, KS 66210

What are the restrictions on enrollment?

Guidelines of excellence and quality indicate that success is better ensured by Continuing Education participants if they limit the number of credit hours of enrollment per academic session. A Continuing Education participant may make a written appeal to enroll in additional credit hours.

What is the refund policy?

  1. Refund of full tuition requires written notification of withdrawal received prior to the first class session of a course.
  2. A 90 percent refund requires written notification of withdrawal received prior to the second class session of a course.
  3. Withdrawal after the second class of a course results in no tuition refund.

Do credits earned through Continuing Education apply to a degree program now or later?

Graduate credit hours earned through Continuing Education may apply to a degree program. However, students are strongly encouraged to contact the university they will apply to and inquire about their transfer policies.